We act for some of the industry’s most successful developers. We’ll produce development constraints plans, investigate title and other third party rights, draft and negotiate conditional planning acquisition agreements, forward funding and sale agreements, option agreements, overage agreements, heads of terms for pre-lets, agreements for lease, construction documents and the planning and highways agreements.
- £135m GDV – Acquired 20 land parcels and cleared third party rights to enable development of a 300,000sf Chelmsford city centre mixed retail and leisure scheme; negotiated heads of terms for and documented pre-let to John Lewis for a 120,000sf department store; negotiated pre-lets with the cinema anchor and typical restaurant and retail occupiers. Now trading.
- Acquisition from administrators of 45 acres of heavily contaminated land in Ipswich; negotiated complex environmental indemnities with the polluter; negotiated pre-let to John Lewis at home/Waitrose for 70,000 sf and completed its forward sale to a pension fund; negotiated pre-lets of 6 retail units on another plot and completed their forward sale to another pension fund; also dealt with the planning s106, highways s278/38 and the construction appointments and warranties
- Acquisition of site in Chiswick subject to planning for car showroom development adjoining M4 flyover; negotiated complex title provisions, the pre-let to a well-known car manufacturer and the forward development funding with an institutional buyer; dealt with s106 and the construction appointments and warranties
- Acquisition from Canal & River Trust of large north London site for residential led mixed use development subject to planning with complex overage and canal related development provisions
- Acquisition of dilapidated Bristol factory site from receivers for a residential led scheme with complex overage and profit share provisions
- Acquisition of two parcels in Barnes town centre; restructured neighbouring third party rights with housing association and pub owner to enable mixed retail/residential/office development; negotiated pre-let to M&S and its forward sale to an institutional buyer
- Acted for US defence systems contractor in its pre-let subject to planning of its 70,000 sf UK HQ
- Acting for various developers on STP and unconditional site acquisitions and options for residential, commercial and mixed use development across England